As widely known to many Whatsapp is a modern mode of end-to-end communication that has greatly revolutionized communication. WhatsApp does have a feature that can become really annoying. Today we primarily want to talk about WhatsApp Groups which we believe everyone has been on the receiving end of those meaningless jokes, “good morning” joke or rather to an extent some irritating poems every now and then.
It is important to note that, the Facebook-owned instant messaging app has a nice feature where you can stop people from adding you to Groups. Here is how to go about it. Before we delve into the steps, it is important to note that you must have the latest version of WhatsApp installed on your Android or iPhone device. Here are the key steps to follow;
- Open WhatsApp on your mobile phone
- Navigate to the settings tab and just under that click on the Account tab.
- Once you are at the Accounts section, click Privacy
- Then click on Groups
- Here you will see three options; Everyone, My Contacts and Nobody or My contact Except”
- Depending on who you actually want to be added, choose one option from the three options
You need to note that there are a few things to keep in mind. If you choose “Nobody” then the specific group admins will have the ability to send you a private invitation link to the group. If you fell that it’s a group that you want to be part of, then you can accept the invitation. These are steps that can certainly help you in stopping the endless message that keeps streaming in every other minute.